About the Conference
The 15th University of Maryland National Conference for
McNair Scholars and Undergraduate Research will be held in
College Park, Maryland. Approximately 250 individuals participated in the 2013 University of Maryland National Conference for McNair Scholars and Undergraduate Research, and we are excited to
once again provide the opportunity for students to present their
academic research in a professional environment and to provide the
opportunity for staff to participate in professional development
activities. The purpose of the conference is to provide:
- Exciting learning opportunities for McNair students and other
undergraduate researchers to share their research experiences and
results with their peers and other scholars in their discipline;
- Opportunities for students to discuss their academic profiles with
various research university representatives; and
- Opportunities for McNair students to initiate face-to-face
dialogue with prospective graduate school faculty.
How does participating in this conference benefit you as a student?
How does participating in this conference benefit staff members?
- You can gain feedback on your research from peers and faculty
- You could win a free laptop computer.
- You will have the opportunity to hear prominent speakers.
- You can take advantage of cultural opportunities in the
Washington, D.C. area.
- You can visit with representatives of prestigious graduate schools at the Graduate School
- You may choose to participate in small-group staff development
- You will have the opportunity to make contacts with graduate
school representatives at the graduate school fair.
- You will have the opportunity to meet and mingle with your
colleagues in both an academic and an informal atmosphere.
- You will be able to evaluate your students' progress in a national
The University of Maryland National Conference
for McNair Scholars and Undergraduate Research will be held at the
Marriott Inn and Conference Center in
College Park, Maryland.
Inn and Conference Center
University Boulevard at Adelphi Road
College Park, Maryland 20742
View Larger Map
Vehicles parked on the University of Maryland campus must exhibit
valid parking permits. Complimentary
parking is available at the Marriott Inn and Conference