About the Conference
The 18th University of Maryland National Conference for
McNair Scholars and Undergraduate Research will be held in
College Park, Maryland. Approximately 250 individuals participated in the 2016 University of Maryland National Conference for McNair Scholars and Undergraduate Research, and we are excited to
once again provide the opportunity for students to present their
academic research in a professional environment and to provide the
opportunity for staff to participate in professional development
activities. The purpose of the conference is to provide:
- Exciting learning opportunities for McNair Scholars and other
undergraduate researchers to share their research experiences and
results with their peers and other scholars in their discipline;
- Opportunities for students to discuss their academic profiles with
various research university representatives; and
- Opportunities for McNair Scholars to initiate face-to-face
dialogue with prospective graduate school faculty.
How does participating in this conference benefit you as a student?
How does participating in this conference benefit staff members?
- You will gain feedback on your research from peers and faculty
- You can win a free laptop computer.
- You will have the opportunity to hear prominent motivational speakers.
- You can take advantage of cultural opportunities in the
Washington, D.C. area.
- You can visit with representatives of prestigious graduate schools at the Graduate School
- You may choose to participate in small-group staff development
- You will have the opportunity to make contacts with graduate
school representatives at the Graduate School Fair.
- You will have the opportunity to meet and mingle with
colleagues in both an academic and an informal atmosphere.
- You will be able to evaluate your students' progress in a professional
The University of Maryland National Conference
for McNair Scholars and Undergraduate Research will be held at the
College Park Marriott Hotel and Conference Center in
College Park, Maryland.
parking is available at the College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference
Center garage. Vehicles parked on the University of Maryland campus must exhibit
valid parking permits.