The Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) is the newest addition to the
many services provided by AAP. Created by a grant from the U.S. Department
of Education in 1997, the EOC provides information and assistance to
low-income, first-generation college-bound citizens in Prince George's
county age 19 and older to gain admission and obtain financial aid for post-secondary
EOC has seen substantial growth over the last decade
and now assists more than 1,000 adults per year in:
- Enrollment or re-enrollment in post secondary education.
- Guidance and counseling in the post-secondary admissions
- Academic, personal, and career counseling.
- Assistance with completing the FAFSA application and
securing financial aid for students through various resources.
- Referral to community agencies to complete GED process.
The EOC main office is located in New Carrollton and
maintains additional office space and staff on campus within the AAP